Thursday, December 08, 2005

Recuperating with IISC A-mess

2005 Nov 4-6:

Friday was holiday on the occasion of Ramzan. I thought, that would give my stomach another long weekend to mend itself. By the end of the first day it was clear, my control over food egress (doesn’t that sound acceptable replacement for diarrhea?:) ) is out of my hands; in spite of medication for two days and self prepared curd rice(as bitter to swallow as medicine:( ). In fact, it looked as if the condition has worsened. Even water seemed sewage to my poor, famished, food treatment plant.

Saturday, on invitation by Guru, I landed up in desperation at IISc. I gave up all the hope by that time and was prepared to gulp anything; since it didn’t matter what I am eating/drinking. All that ends up in drains anyway. With my deep hollow eyes and holes in my cheeks I show up at guru's lab feigning I am strong enough despite breach of banks in my food pipe. Surprising, the stomach seem to behave decent. It had allowed me a trip to Eloor Library. It had let me finish off Surya's Gajini too. Good.

It is interesting to see what a marriage can do to people. In the past Guru, was addicted to coffee, music, movies and books. Lately phone conversations have pushed the rest to secondary status. By the way, mobile phone is an aberration to this ascetic's life style. Earlier, several fellos in the campus (especially the fresher, the girl and the meek communities ) were victims only of his laughter. Now, to the embarrassment of his circle of friends, his legendary ultra loud roaring laughter is accompanied by a 'I love you dear' to Bhargavi over phone. The gentle giant Regin is a customary victim to Guru's audacity.

Out of sheer boredom and fear to stay alone at House, landed up at IISc on Sunday too. I must be given a honorary degree just for the time I spend on campus. I can discuss all the campus politics, all girls, 'Voices' and the rest with elan. Advantage of a noisy company. Isn't this enough for a degree? That’s what the registered students achieve anyway. Just kiddin. I know they achieve more … by publishing all this? :).

Finished Murakami from Vintage Classics on Sunday. I felt, some of the stories had significant similarity to my association with Sunil and Bura, though there are striking, undoable differences. May be Bura was right when she says I am a love lorn fool. Highlight of Sunday was Mallikarjun Mansur's Bhairavi courtesy Guru. The sight of 'calm river at sunrise' flows in air thru his deep rendering. Guru says, 'His voice reminds me of sparklers - a line with lots of bristling sparks'. Difference of opinion? Acceptable in music-- whose effects are always context sensitive.

3 Comments:

Blogger Santonu said...

Hi Kiran, Why honourary? why dont you join the institute, we will be a proud company of ours ;-)

4:04 AM  
Blogger Ravi S Kottada said...

I haven#t seen this comment before. Kiran, still you have a chance, may be after marriage-think again!

5:11 AM  
Blogger Ravi S Kottada said...

I did not this comment before. Kiran, still you have a chance, may be after marriage -think again! You can take up a thesis topic involving materials science and computer science.

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home