Thursday, December 08, 2005

October trip to chennai


Sunil and Bhuvana Posted by Picasa

Preparations for the trip start early with my search for a denim gown. How can I go to affable Bura with nothing in hands? My search thru the shops in Comm st ended vainly in raising an SOS with sumana. On her suggestion, I go to Baby Shop in Dickenson Rd and pick one nearest to what I was looking for, sadly this nearest is too far. But no options. Running short of time.

Sat morn 6.00 AM. Sunil is awake by the time I reach, ready with a tea too. Tea at 6? Who else will be making tea so early …. Go and ask the tea shack chap nearest to you and you should be surprised if he is not a mallu. Any way What more do you want from a host? Oops, I was never a guest at this house. This is my extended home. Bura says I feel so because, it is at their place that I get some bit of importance for the first time. I don’t care.

Sunil has apparently completed his DC meeting successfully the previous week and is in high spirits. Good to see him that way. The morning chat drifted from his thesis work to his dreams. If you have seen Minority Report, you are aware of the 'precogs' who are maintained to know about crime in advance. Sunil is probably destined to become a precog for archeology. It is amazing how he dreams of some vague place (typically a temple) which actually turns out to be very real. Lately courtesy a family rudraksha presented by Bura to him, he seem to dreamt Bura's family deity thus forcing a fresh dig at tracing Bura's family history. The spooky materializations of his dreams will give shivers to the unawares. From my count, he has seen existence of three temples with a resolution of about few nuts and bolts on main door. :)

Bura was not home till evening as she was attending a conf. Had to survive Sunil's experiments with food for that afternoon. Went to watch 'The Island' at OAT that evening. Gritty Bura has turned up for the movie after that tiring three day conference. Funny how fate test your mettle. While Sunil and Bura were coming by bike, the tyre punctured and all they could manage is a 45 min movie. No one can doubt of such discomfort by seeing their calm faces. Blessed guys. They are only annoyed by each other with their concern for respective others.

Sunday passed as usual, happily with lot of silly banter and some good food. Evenings are the most eventful. Surprise was in store for Sunil when Bura gifted him a watch. Simple things to show you love. Surprise was in store for me to discover that there is a PadmanabhaSwamy temple in Adyar junction. Surprise because, I thought I knew surroundings of IIT very well; all the while missing this large temple right in the busy road. Later, Bura bought some saffron. 'Saffron'? Why didn’t it occur to me while I was thinking what I can take for her? It missed me completely that pregnant women would like to have saffron. Simple things to show you care. My bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home