Thursday, December 08, 2005

The dream machine is running.

2005 Oct 29 - Nov 2
The week ahead is Diwali and by virtue of Indian festivals, I get 7 days of vacation during a 9 day period- starting from Saturday to following Sunday. Sadly heavy rains disrupted entire southern and south eastern rail system and road transport is not safe either. Added to that is my chronic diarrhea which forced me to run to loo than to VZM. Thus a precious vacation lost to uncontrolled downpour. (pun intended :)) To avoid boredom, as usual I landed up at IISc in search of some pleasant time on that Saturday. However, my grumbling stomach kept me away from calmness. As a last resort I called up Sunil in the night and told my prob. As usual, they felt as if it is one of them who is being troubled. After a few customary scolding for not informing early, they referred me to their family doc over phone and made me swallow Lopamide first. Then ordered that I should be in Chennai by Sunday.

Scary. Spooky. Goose bumpy. Awe. These are a few expressions that came to my mind when Sunil completed his dream about one of my visits. Some time back, he told me that he dreamt of my being unwell. I didn’t give any importance to that then. But when he completed it during this trip, I lost my senses. His complete dream was that, I will visit them when I am sick. Travel by bus. Color of the bus is green. I give up. Never could I have imagined that I travel when I am not well. That too by bus. And the pale green color of the bus I took? What kind of intuition is this? Superhuman. He claims that Krishna talks to him. Shiva guides him. And that he can connect to people. Must be true. This dream machine is churning more. More about that in a different blog.

Anyway, the moment I landed in Chennai, stomach has become as peaceful as it can be. Either the Lopamide has done the trick or the bacteria in the intestines were busy fighting the robust Chennai bacteria. Or is it psychological confidence in the presence of those who care? I trust the last reason. My solitary existence is in need of a big hug. 12 yrs of hostel life doesn’t let me enjoy isolated professional life. More than anything else, my stomach was craving for Bhu's culinary treats.

On Monday, with Sunil and Bura going on their ways to work, I found my self alone. To fend some boredom, I set off to cancel railway tkts that I have booked earlier to go to VZM. What a site! Thanks to unusually heavy rains in Chennai, the Taramani-Thiruvanmayur road is a witness to unnature. Four days after rains and four full days of Chennai sun, the 'Institute for fast processess' (first time I heard there is one such institute in India) is still in ankle deep water. The 'Research Institute for Highways and Roads' ironically has an approach way that will require the hapless employees to wade thru water for about 50 meters. So much for highways, which become waterways during cyclone.


...Work in progress :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home